The 3by3 Writing Method is a process to get an author to plan, complete and publish their book. With today’s technology it is very inexpensive to self-publish, however the 3by3 Writing Method supports the attempt to get a writer’s work published through traditional means; acquiring an agent and having a real publisher get that story into print and into bookstores, supporting that product with sales, marketing and distribution expertise.
Why hire an editor?
A manuscript intended for agency or publishing company submission should not include poor grammar or mis-spelled words. It is impossible for an author to read their own work and find their mistakes. A technical editor should read the entire manuscript before submission or publication.
There are tens of thousands of writers who aspire to be published. Entering the competition of the traditional publishing arena requires that a submission be well-written, engaging and certainly without typos or poor grammar. With the competition already knowing an editor is needed, not hiring one puts an aspiring author a further disadvantage.
To further this discussion, not everyone can be lucky enough to be accepted into the traditional publishing circle. When all else fails, self-publishing is a cost-effective option to make that story available to the public.
When an author decided to become a publisher, that individual must change their thinking from that of a writer to one of a business owner
Cover art, front matter, pre-publication reviews, and spelling-perfect document need to be made.
The role of a responsible publisher is not that of an author throwing their MSWord file into a meat grinder and coming out with a downloadable mess. This type of sloppy work has tarnished the self-publishing world for decades.
Publishing a book without the benefit of an editor is not only irresponsible, it hurts other self-publishers too.
If you are in the game as an author or a publisher, play like a winner and hire professional help, especially an editor.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 1 year ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 1 year ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 1 year ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 1 year ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 1 year ago