Yeah, rejection. Right out of the blocks.
So, I get my book back from my technical editor. I get 20 pages corrected and decide to take a leap of faith, right off the cliff.
This is one of the agents one I met at a conference. She’s agreed to read ten pages. I have my summary, my pitch and my corrected pages. I’m good to go. I figure by the time she gets back to me, I’ll have the rest of the book corrected.
ONE HOUR later she responds, calls the first ten pages “frantic” and I’m shot down. Talk about a ruined morning. But, a good night’s sleep and re-reading the pages I realized, the story’s good, the pages are a tight read and there are 50 more agents on my list. If I get more similar comments I’ll fix it.
Hey, I can take a little rejection. Even God has to deal with it.
I just wish it didn’t hurt so much.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 1 year ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 1 year ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 1 year ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 1 year ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 1 year ago