I failed. I proclaimed in the 3by3 writing method you had to write every day at the same time same place. But I couldn’t do it. The cold Santa Ana winds swooped down on my home, ripped my gutter from my roof then proceeded to slam it against the side of the house irregularly throughout the entire night. Then it mercilessly cut off my electricity. Even though I had my 550 watt gas generator, it was not hooked up to my heater, so for days I huddled in the frigid air.
Yes, I could have gone to a coffee shop and grabbed some WiFi, but there have been a rash of robberies in my neighborhood, (one I just found out, hours before the storm). I could have written without heat, WiFi, and night light, but I was distracted. I was cold, playing with gas cans, running extension cords throughout my house and blocking windows from allowing generator fumes from entering my cold domain.
I could have visited a friend, gone to a bar, written on my new iPad (which is a challenge in itself) I could have done a hundred of things… but I didn’t, and my blog viewings dropped like the temperature in my kitchen. Now the viewings are at freezing (centigrade of course)
But, time heals all wounds and apparently most electrical systems. I now have heat, electricity WiFi, cable and some semblance of sanity.
Luckily, in the recent past I bogged (what a terrible verb… it feels like I have to clean up after I blog) about forgiving yourself for not being perfect. I have now confessed and absolved myself from guilt and will try to regain blogging momentum.
On the bright side, the break allowed me to think about next year’s projects and expectations.
The 3by3 writing method will have its own site, although this blog will continue, and my novel benefited as the break renewed my enthusiasm. I am looking forward to seeing it in print in 2013. How do I know this will happen? Because I follow the 3by3 Writing Method, and using it, I know, not matter what, it will be published. 3by3 guarantees it.
Welcome back 3by3!
Well gee thanks. It was mighty cold back there.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 3 years ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 3 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 3 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 3 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 3 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 4 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 4 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 4 years ago