I was blocked the other day. Not terribly. Got a blog out and 8 pages, but I was running into a little plotting trouble. The I remembered my own rule. Constant Contained Conflict. I had my protagonist and two buddies escape their predicament, hop a private plane and soar to freedom…. and whamo. Stopped.
I was a little confused. I had a great chase scene involving golf carts and sand traps, lots of humor and had an evil character met an unusual funny demise…. what went wrong?
I had eliminated containment AND conflict. There was no one to fight, and pure freedom. No CCC hence blocked and bored.
Solution? Engine trouble, and they were back in trouble and fighting bad guys as well as arguing among themselves.
CCC. Love it.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 4 years ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 4 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 4 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 4 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 4 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 4 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 4 years ago