Every January there are many writing conferences that occur over the three day weekend. There are others happening throughout the year. Do you go to a conference if you are mid-way through a book?
Without a finished book in hand, you certainly cannot offer the manuscript. But what if fate is going to bring you that one contact, whether it is a writer, agent, editor or auction publisher that will catapult you into the published club?
A basic conference will cost between $500 to $1500 including transportation, lodging, food and additional pitch/query/writing session and advice.
Conferences are an excellent way to connect with publishing avenues and people, however attending a conference and standing in the back of the room, not talking to anyone, would be a waste of time.
A suggestion would be, if your book is plotted, and at least one draft is completed (remember a finished book requires several passes of rewriting and one pass by a technical editor) then a writing conference would be an excellent investment.
If money and time is no object, attending a conference would be fun and perhaps motivating.
If your project is past the second revision it would be an excellent opportunity to find a possible sale.
So, there is a conference dilemma but it is a good idea, to start researching which one you are going to when you are ready.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 1 year ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 1 year ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 1 year ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 1 year ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 1 year ago