The beginning of writing a book is full of energy. Inspiration, the freshness of creating a new story and the prospect of being published propels us to plunge headlong into our project.
Later, when we’re weeks away from sending that manuscript out, when we’re done with the rewrites, tired of the critiques and creatively exhausted, the last days are fueled with the knowledge there is a celebration just around the corner.
But the middle… Oh the middle! The middle is like being halfway through a long marathon. It’s like crossing an expansive desert, adrift in the middle of the ocean. The beginning has long disappeared, and the end is nowhere in sight.
This middle ground where faith and hope are so needed, but the 3by3 Writing Method offers just a little more.
With its outline of plot, scene cards and built in external and external conflicts, the 3by3 Writing Method helps by having choices. Because the scenes are plotted they can be written in any order, helping the author be semi-entertained. The conflicts are there to be used and there is always the knowledge that the ending is a known quantity. There is no middle of the book “what happens now?”
Of course the ending might change, the scenes reordered and characters cut or added, but that hopelessness of not knowing where to turn is somewhat deadened by knowing what to do….
Wanting to do those chores in the middle of the long hike up novel mountain is another challenge altogether.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 2 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 2 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 2 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 2 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 2 years ago