So you want to be on TV and the radio. How do you do that? First you have to contact the talent coordination of a show. On any show’s website is a contact link. What talk shows don’t want is to have you come on and just sell your book. You need to offer something – a hook. Nonfiction writers have it easy they have their topic. Send an email to the talent coordinator with a brief description fo the book and who you are. Fiction writers, same thing. You have a hook – you based the book on your life experience, you visited the far off location, you were a detective, you did something that was interesting – sell yourself. But above all be entertaining.
Going bigger and costing money, you can buy hire a publicist who will promote you call stations and try to place you on a show. If you have deep pockets, this could be a very good way to get national exposure. In between, there is a magazine that promotes people just like you.
Radio TV reports (rtir.com) is delivered to producers. You purchase space in the magazine where you write about your hook, along with your photo. Sometimes you get a radio interview on an early morning slot and are up at 5 am.
If you do get contacted by larger media outlets, stay calm. You still have pre-interviews and subtle tests to pass long before you get on the air. Remember, stay calm, remember your “hook” why you are there and use clarity.
Remember, persistence – send that second email, follow up on that letter. Do not give up.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 2 years ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 2 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 2 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 2 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 2 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 2 years ago