It often comes to “Do as I say not as I do.” Well the do do to that I did do was a classic. First for a reason I will explain in a few days, I decided to start my own website. Being a fairly intelligent human I assumed I could plow my way into this new frontier.
I thought if you played with Photoshop, paid a couple dollars for a domain name and uploaded a file you would have a website.
I have been embarrassed and humiliated by my lack of understanding this foreign language called HTML,(even when there is a program to translate it), my lack of understanding the difference between a DNS, web host, and about fifteen other crazy initials that make no sense to me.
What did I do? I got DISTRACTED. I squandered my morning writing hour (and even more in the night), trying to design and upload a website when I didn’t have to.
THEN to make matters worse I transferred my failure at learning web design in a mere week to failure in EVERYTHING WRITTEN.
It wasn’t until a Sunday night critique group told me not could I create a coherent sentence and elicit a chuckle and a laugh from my writing.
Here I was blogging about keeping the faith, mid-book blues and not to be distracted and I did it myself.
The moral of the story is – be berry, berry careful. It could happen to you!
Get some friends and cry on their shoulder and have them tell you that you’re a good writer.
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 2 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 2 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 2 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 2 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 2 years ago