Just like having a set time and place for writing is important in the creation of a book, the second to last portion of being a published writer is being persistence in getting the word out about it.
There is no way in today’s market that a writer can succeed without being a constant nudge about media appearances, interviews, book signings, readings, reviews, and shelf space.
A word of caution. Persistence is not about arrogance or bullying. The people in charge of admittance (the gatekeepers) know the difference between a dedicated artist and a pushy insolent writer.
Persistence also requires organization. A list of contacts and an up to date calendar is necessary to make sure you are not hounding your media contacts too soon after your last call is a necessity.
Persistence combined with clarity (7/9) becomes a powerful tool to get the word out about your book. You know what markets need your work, you know its intended audience.
Persistence is also a vital tool in seeking media contacts. You know people who know people. There are radio shows that fill their air time with information you have. Unless the reading public is informed of your offering, no one will know it is there.
You have to be dedicated to getting the word out about your book.
Next – how to use clarity and persistence to gain access to radio and television producers in order to promote your book
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 1 year ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 1 year ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 1 year ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 1 year ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 1 year ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 1 year ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 1 year ago