You’ve sent out your queries waiting to see if you get a few bites. Remember you a competing not only with the 100,000 other writers trying to get representation, but you are competing with the agent’s clients. The writers already signed want the agent to sell their book, not yours.
Instead of pacing the floors waiting for a response, it is time to prepare to get published.
If you are lucky enough to land an agent all this work will not be wasted.
Here is a list of things you will need to accomplish while waiting for responses or working on your pitch if you get rejected.
1. Write your back page book description
a. Three paragraphs similar to your agent pitch to get people to buy your book
b. Make it enticing, don’t give away the ending
2. Write your acknowledgement page
a. Thank your family
c. proof readers
3. Write your one paragraph blurb that you put on the last page of your book
4. Look through some books and see how they start chapters, pick one that you like.
5. Make a list of the four pictures or images that you think would be good for your cover
6. Make a list of your chapter titles
7. Go to a library or bookstore and find a book like yours and copy all the information on the copyright page that you will modify in yours
If you are serious about getting your book into print any way possible, you will have to consider self-publishing. When you start moving toward doing yourself there’s a lot of extra work to do.
In the next blog I am going to explain the details of formatting your book in MS word with headers, front matter (dedication, table of contents, acknowledgment and chapter beginnings).
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 4 years ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 4 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 4 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 4 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 4 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 4 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 4 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 4 years ago