If you want to get religious, there is only one who is perfect. If you want to be realistic, humans and all their endeavors are flawed.
So, get over it. You and your book are far from perfect. But knowing that fact, there is a goal – to eliminate as many errors as possible from our book.
First draft will be the basis, but there will be many errors, so revising and rewriting are obviously necessary.
After many attempts, then comes the criticism. It is important to get feedback from trusted sources. Family members should be a last resort. They can see your culling of their traits in your characters. Trusted critique groups are one source. Hired writers are another.
Finally, when you think you have it all done, this is the time to HIRE a technical editor. There is no way your imperfect eyes and emotions will spot all the flaws in your book. You need to eliminate them all before publication.
If you’re feeling lucky you could send your manuscript for agent and/or publisher for traditional publisher consideration before taking this expsnice step, but if you are moving onto self-publishing, whether by POD or eBook, hiring an editor is simply a requirement.
In our flawed state of existence, writers strive for perfection, knowing that it is on the horizon, but always out of reach.
Where is that last mistake in your manuscript?
lots of good stuff
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (3)
- May 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (2)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (17)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (40)
- @kathygriffin Girl, Happy new Year! From D list to super A list 1 year ago
- Here’s a site worth reading – an agent’s blog 3by3writingmethod.com/heres-a-site-w… 2 years ago
- Here's a YA novel writing contest to consider from Writer's Digest: tinyurl.com/nz6n2p8 @chucksambuchino 2 years ago
- YA Novel contest for everyone 3by3writingmethod.com/ya-novel-conte… 2 years ago
- last day free book amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Two days only! Rick, Renee and the Fat Man - free kindle down load. Here's the link: amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… 2 years ago
- Free book on Kindle 3by3writingmethod.com/free-book-on-k… 2 years ago
- 3by3writingmethod.com The next generation! 2 years ago
- amazon.com/Rick-Renee-Fat… http://t.co/wdAv95gphY 2 years ago